Types of housing
How would you define the different types of housing?

At Go’Bolig we rent out student housing, flats and terraced houses. We define the different types of housing as follows: 

  • Student housing: A student dwelling is a small flat – usually a studio or 1-bedroom flat. To qualify, the tenant must be a full-time student. All our student flats have their own kitchen and bathroom.


  • Flat: A flat is a rented dwelling in a large building consisting of a kitchen, bathroom and x number of living rooms/bedrooms. Some of our flats have a balcony and/or gallery, and in several of our properties tenants have use of a communal roof terrace.


  • Terraced house: A terraced house is a house that is either connected, or adjacent to one or more similar houses. In this context, the tenant has access to a private outdoor area in the form of a terrace, garden or the like. Our terraced houses have 2 or 3 floors and are generally larger than our flats.
What does gross floor area mean?

We specify the size of a rented dwelling in gross floor area. This is the total floor area of a dwelling. The gross floor area includes external walls and the dwelling’s share of the building’s common areas (stairwells, balconies etc.).

The inclusion of the outer wall in the gross floor area means, for example, that the outermost houses in a terraced house complex featuring identical dwellings is declared as having more square metres than the other terraced houses. 

Application and open house
What happens once I have applied for a tenancy via the website?

Once you have applied for tenancy via our website, within a few days you will receive a message from a Go’Bolig rep with information about a viewing etc.

An online application does not mean that you have reserved a dwelling – merely that you have informed us that you are interested in it.


How do your open house events work?

At an open house event you are invited into one of our dwelling projects. In a new building you usually get to see one or more show homes at the address. If the building is still under construction, it is not possible to see dwellings other than the show homes/ However, show homes usually provide a good picture of the choice of materials and style of the other homes.

If there is an open house event in an existing dwelling, there will not be a show home, so the open house event will take place in an inhabited or previously inhabited flat.

If, in the context of an open house event, you decide you want to rent a dwelling, in most cases you can sign a tenancy agreement there and then. Once you have signed a tenancy agreement, you are obligated to rent the dwelling. As an alternative to the obligatory tenancy agreement, you can complete an interest form and a rep will contact you a day or two after the open house event. At that point we will discuss whether you are still interested in a flat, after which we can send you a tenancy agreement. The interest form is non-binding.  

Be aware, that we are checking all future tenants in the RKI register before closing the contract. 

Do you have a waiting list?

At Go’Bolig we do not have a waiting list. We rent out all our properties on a first-come, first-served basis. As an alternative to a waiting list, we have facilitated the creation of a search agent, in which anyone interested can state their wishes in terms of town/city and price of rent. You will then receive an email the moment a newly vacant dwelling crops up that matches your search criteria.

If you would like to keep abreast of new properties and initiatives, you can sign up for our newsletter, in which we provide regular information about new projects etc.

Sign up for the newsletter for properties in Aarhus

Sign up for the newsletter for properties in Copenhagen


Payment and "on account"
What are rent paid in advance and deposit?

The rent paid in advance is the rent that covers the final period, in which you live in a dwelling. For example, if you pay 3 months’ rent in advance, you will not have to pay rent for the final 3 months, during which you live in a dwelling. Hence, since you have 3 months’ notice, you do not have to pay rent for the months following your termination of the lease.

The deposit is the amount you pay to us when you move in. The amount ensures that we can overhaul the dwelling after you have moved out. That means you cannot be sure you will get your deposit back. It depends on how much refurbishment is required after you have moved out.


How does the 1st payment work (deposit, rent in advance and 1st month’s rent)?

The first payment covers the deposit, rent in advance and the 1st month’s rent. The amount is stated in Clause 4 of the tenancy agreement and must be paid into the account, the number of which is stated in Clause 3 of the tenancy agreement. Pay attention to the deadline for payment, which is also stated in Clause 4. 

When do you charge rent?

We charge rent on the first working day of each month. The first time you have to pay rent separately (i.e. after the 1st payment), you will receive a giro form from Newsec. We recommend that you then register the rent for payment by direct debit, so the payment is made automatically each month.

What does ‘on account’ mean?

‘On account’ is a fixed prepayment. When you pay on account for water and heating, it means that you are paying in advance for water and heating, and that at a later point it will be calculated wether you, as a tenant, must pay a balance or get a refund.

An advance on-account payment is an estimate of what your future water and heating consumption will be.

NB! Electricity is usually not included in the ‘on account’ consumption, since it is often settled directly with the electricity company.

Clauses of the tenancy agreement
§1 The parties and the rented dwelling

In this point we indicate the type of dwelling. Here there is usually a tick in the ‘freehold flat’ box. This is not an error. You can also see information about the landlord, the tenant and the dwelling. Please be aware that you only have right of use to the ticked items.

§2 Beginning and termination of the tenancy

In this point you can read about the beginning and termination of the tenancy. Here you can learn more about moving in and the time limit for termination.

§3 Payments of rent

This covers information about payment of rent and the on-account sum. If the on-account amounts for water, heating and electricity are not stated, then you will pay them directly to the utility companies. The account number for payment is also stated in this section. After paying your rent for the first time, we advise you to set up a direct-debit agreement so, in the future, payment will be automatic.

§4 Deposit and rent paid in advance.

Clause 4 provides information about the 1st payment. Here you can read about the deposit and the rent to be paid in advance. You will find the account number for payment in Clause 3. Please be aware of the deadline for payment.

§5 Heating, air conditioning, water and electricity

Here you will find information about heating, water, electricity and air conditioning. Here we state whether we supply water, heating, electricity and air conditioning, or whether you are responsible for registering with the utility companies. If we supply the utilities, we will charge you an on-account amount.

NB! Generally speaking it is not possible to get air conditioning in the dwellings, so you do not have to register for this yourself, even though ‘No’ has been ticked in the tenancy agreement.

§6 Communal antennas etc. and access to electronic communications services

Here we indicate whether we as the landlord supply signal and Internet.

§7 The condition of the dwelling upon moving in

Here we inform you whether there will be a moving-in inspection, when the condition of the dwelling is established. It also states that you have 14 days after moving in to submit a defect list to Newsec.

§8 Maintenance

Here it is stated that you are responsible for the internal maintenance of the dwelling. ‘Internal maintenance’ means that, when moving out, you are responsible for ensuring that walls, ceilings, woodwork and floors are in good condition. Similarly, you must make sure you continuously keep white goods in a decent state and well maintained.

§9 Fixtures and fittings

Clause 9 lists the fixtures and fittings in the dwelling. The dwelling only contains the fixtures and fittings that are ticked, There may also be additional fixtures and fittings listed under ‘other’.

§10 Resident representation, pet terms and conditions, house rules and other information about the rented dwelling

Here we state whether a resident representation committee has been established and whether keeping pets is allowed in the dwelling. We also indicate whether there are any house rules. If there are house rules, we attach a copy of them to the tenancy agreement.

§11 Special terms and conditions

Clause 11 indicates whether there are additions or deviations in relation to the general rules and conditions. This could be information about moving in, rent regulation, smoking etc.

Moving in
When do I receive details about moving in?

You will receive details about when you can move in no later than one week prior to the moving-in date. This will usually be by email.

What should I remember immediately after moving in?

After the moving-in inspection, you have 14 days to submit a defect list to Newsec.

How do I register for electricity?

Usually you have to register for electricity yourself, and in most cases you will receive a power of attorney with the tenancy agreement, which you can choose to sign. The power of attorney is from a specific electricity company and, if you sign, you will be registered with them. In Denmark citizens have liberty of choice in terms of electricity, so you are welcome to register with another electricity company yourself.